dinsdag 28 januari 2014

WANDERLUST


Are you familiar with this term? Wanderlust is a strong desire for or impulse to wander or travel and explore the world. It captures exactly how I feel in just one word. I always say that when I grow up I want to be a globe-trotter. Men, I wish this could be my profession. To me, traveling is the ideal way of living. No tight schedules, no obligations, not longing for weekends because every day would be filled with fun activities and checking out all the beauty our planet has to offer. And therefor also not realistic. One could never life the rest of their lives like this, but it's OK to dream right? And maybe, just maybe, one day I will go for another one of those long trips. Exploring the world with nothing with me but what fits the backpack (not much).

It is kind of interesting to think of the reason I'm feeling this wanderlust lately. Is it the fact I'm getting closer and closer to being thirty? An in-between quarter life crisis vs thirty dilemma? Is it FOMO?  Or maybe it's just those long, dark, cold and neverending winter days. I don't know. All I know is I really want to escape the office and go out there. So much to see, so little time. Checking off al the stuff on my bucketlist is nearly possible but therefor much worth to try. Thinking of the fact I won't get to see all of these world wonders, so you like, even makes me feel anxious. And kind of jealous when other people do. If only I could win the jackpot... I would hop on that plane in heartbeat! No doubt.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten